Christmas Decorations

I told myself I wasn't going to put up Christmas decorations this year. I spent all my birthday and Christmas money in California, and Pat got a fancy SLR camera. That was Christmas. We knew what we were getting, so getting all my decorations out didn't seem worth the trouble.

Then while shopping the last week I found some ornaments I liked. The only ornaments we've had in the past are ones we made as kids. To be perfectly honest, some of them are pretty ugly, and they've all seen better days. So I bought the new ornaments (plastic, so the cats won't break them). Since I had new ornaments, I figured I had to put Christmas up. (See Dad, I'm not a Scrooge!)

I didn't pull out EVERYTHING, but I did put up the tree and stockings. Pat put up the outside lights. Only half as much as we have done in the past, but it works.



That was going to be it, but then my sister gave me these cute glass things that are supposed to be candle holders, but are really just giant bowls on stems. I remembered this post from Thrifty Decor Chick a while back, and how cute all of her "glass things to put stuff in" looked. I decided to put mine out and spruce them up for Christmas, and this is what came out:



2 comments:

Susie said...

It looks good:-)

Gayle said...

I like it Charlotte! Doesn't it feel good to have it all done? What are the animals getting for Christmas this year?