More Valentine Decor

Here are a few more projects I've been working on.  First, I made a pillow!  I bought the love birds fabric last year because it was too cute to pass up, but I didn't ever decide what to do with it until now.  I made it an envelope style pillow case so that I can take the cover off and it will use less storage space, plus I can use the pillow form for other holidays too!  I cut out a felt heart and stitched it on with a blanket stitch.  It was my first real attempt at applique and it wasn't as bad as I thought.  The stitches are a little uneven, but at least they're pretty symmetrical left to right.


Next up is my little side table display.  (I really want a console table by my entry for this kind of stuff.  Maybe I'll get lucky at a thrift store one day.)  I pretty much grabbed all the red hardback books out of my bookshelf to use for stacking.  The book of the left with the lovey couple is the back of Little Women.  Then I added a candlestick with a giant diamond on top.


The XO I bought at Joann, but decoupaged the scrapbook paper on myself (first time with Mod Podge too!)

 I made the framed art myself also.  I just took two pages out of an old paperback book, and added cut out cardstock heart.  Easy peasy!


Next up, a whole row of prints.  I made two of the book/heart pages, so there's another one of those.  The rest are all printouts I found on various blogs.  I attached them all to a piece of ribbon.


Whew!  That was a lot.  Still a few more to come!

1 comment:

Gayle said...

WooHoo! You're on a roll! Yay for you! Everything looks really cute - I especially love the stuff made from book pages - they're so YOU!