February Book List




Alien Tango by Gini Koch - 428 pages
Skinwalker by Faith Hunter - 320 pages
Pegasus by Robin McKinley - 404 pages
Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning - 594 pages
Bloodshot by Cherie Priest - 359 pages

TOTAL - 5 Books - 2,105 Pages

I had been impatiently waiting for Shadowfever for over a year.  It is the last book in one of my favorite series, and it was so much fun.  I will miss reading about the characters, but hopefully the author has something equally amazing in the works. 

I also really loved Pegasus.  I have been a bit burned out by YA fiction lately, but Robin McKinley has been a favorite for a long time so I picked it up.  I am so glad I did!  The story sucked me right it.  She usually only writes stand alone novels, so that's what I was expecting here, but it is definitely to-be-continued.

I liked Cherie Priest's Bloodshot much better than her steampunk series, The Clockwork Century.  I just seemed to care more about the main character.  I will be waiting for the next book in this series.

My library just barely got in Skinwalker, the first book in the Jane Yellowrock series.  I have heard good things, so I was excited to try it out.  The story got a bit dull for me in a few spots, but overall was a fun Urban Fantasy adventure.

And last, but not least, were the crazy shenanigans in Alien Tango.  I have heard that this series is laugh-out-loud funny, but it doesn't stick me that way for the most part.  It is fun to see what the author comes up with, but it requires much suspension of disbelief on my part.

No comments: