This is how it turned out. I actually really like the fabrics, but the head is a little pointy. and the tail has to have some support or it droops too much. Overall, not too bad. Maybe I will make the whole mobile one day.
I recently got a hankering to make something new, so I scrolled through the list of projects I had bookmarked and came across this tutorial from Spool. I decided I would give it a shot with just one bird to see how it went. I ended up using flannel because that's what I had sitting around the house (waiting to be turned into a quilt). I also didn't have any stuffing, but I decided to fill it up with rice and see how it looked. I figured that way it would have a little weight and would be able to stand on its own without falling over.